*_Ca l l f o r W o r k s h o p P r o p o s a l s_*
in conjunction with the
19th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications
September 1 – 5, 2008
The DEXA’08 Organizing Committee invites proposals for the Workshop Program to be held on September 1 – 5, 2008 in parallel to the main technical program of the DEXA conferences. The main goal of the DEXA’08 workshops is to stimulate and facilitate an active exchange, interaction, and comparison of approaches, methods, and ideas about specific (both theoretical and applicative) topics in the general area of Information Science.
Workshops should be organized to facilitate informal discussion and active engagement among attendees. Members from all areas of the Information Science community are invited to submit workshop proposals for review. Workshops on new emerging topics or specific relevant aspects of broader topics are particularly encouraged. Workshops can vary in length, but most will be one full day in duration. Workshop organizers and attendees must register for their workshop and are permitted to join the main DEXA conference.
Requirements for Submissions
To propose a workshop in DEXA’08, you will submit a complete workshop proposal containing the following information:
* The title of the workshop;
* A 1 page (max.) description of the technical issues that the
workshop will address;
* The statements:
o How is the workshop relevant to, and complementary with, the
o Why is the workshop of particular significance at this time?
* The names, affiliations, postal address, phone and fax numbers,
and e-mail addresses of the workshop organizers (It is expected
that organizers will be recognized experts in the related fields,
and the organizing committee should include individuals from
* A list of potential program committee members, including their
* The expected number of attendees (estimating minimum and maximum
* Description of paper review process and acceptance standards;
* A draft workshop call for papers;
* The expected date and duration of the workshop;
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to the DEXA Conference Organisation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org ), in plain ASCII text, no later than January 15, 2008
Proposers will be notified of the committee’s decision no later than January 31, 2008
The selection of the workshops to be included in the final DEXA program will be based upon multiple factors, including: the scientific/technical interest of the topics, the quality of the proposal, balance and distinctness of workshop topics, and the capacity of the conference workshop program.
Responsibilities of DEXA and of Workshop Organizers
For all accepted proposals, DEXA will be responsible for:
* Providing conference software for paper upload and review process
* Providing logistic support and a meeting place for the workshop;
* Providing electronic registration system
* Together with the organizers, determining the workshop date and time;
* Publication of the papers in the proceedings of DEXA’08 Worlshops
Workshop organizers will be responsible for the following:
* Setting up a web site for the workshop;
* Advertising the workshop and issuing a call for participation/papers;
* Collecting and evaluating submissions using the DEXA conference
software (mandatory), notifying authors of acceptance or rejection
in due time, and ensuring a transparent and fair selection
process. All workshop organizers are recommended to adopt the
following deadlines for submissions and notifications of acceptance.
o Submission of Full Papers: March 15, 2008
o Noification of Acceptance: April 20, 2008
o Camera-ready Copies: May 15, 2008
* Ensuring that the workshop organizers and the participants get
registered to the workshop by registering to DEXA’08.
* Accepted workshops are entitled to receive a small budget which is
depending on the number of accepted and registered papers
DEXA reserves the right to cancel any workshop if the above responsibilities are not fulfilled, or if too few attendees register for the workshop.
Roland R. Wagner, University of Linz, Austria (email@example.com )
A Min Tjoa, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Proposal submission deadline: January 15, 2008
* Workshop selection notification: January 31, 2008
* Submission of Full Papers: March 15, 2008
* Notification of Acceptance: April 20, 2008
* Camera-ready Copies and Registration of Participation: May 15, 2008
*For further inquiries, please contact:*
DEXA Conference Organisation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)