ALISE “Birds of a Feather”

The upcoming ALISE conference in Philadelphia will again feature a “Birds of a Feather” session. This informal session gives attendees who teach the same subject a specific opportunity to meet and share ideas. Since many of last year’s discussion facilitators are not able to participate, I’m looking for volunteers.

“Birds” is scheduled on the first day of the conference so it can serve as a springboard for additional discussion and networking throughout the rest of the conference and beyond. This year’s “Birds” session will take place on Wednesday, January 9, 2008 from 12 noon – 1:45 pm and include the option for a brown bag lunch. We again hope to draw a mix of folks looking for advice and those willing to share their knowledge and experiences.

The following subject areas are currently part of the session:

§ Administration and Management

§ Children’s/YA Services

§ Information Access Services

§ Research Methods

§ Community Informatics/Service Learning

§ Foundations of LIS

§ Cataloging, Classification, and Metadata

§ Social Media Use

So, if you are interested in discussing how to teach a particular LIS subject area not listed above, please email me (to bajjaly@wayne.edu) so I can make the necessary arrangements. I’d also welcome your input and suggestions to make the session most appealing to you and your colleagues.

Thank you.

Stephen T. Bajjaly, Director

Library & Information Science Program

106 Kresge Library

Wayne State University

Detroit, MI 48202

313.577.0350

www.lisp.wayne.edu