EdmodoCon 2012 is scheduled for Wednesday, August 8th and today we’re excited to open up the call for presenters! If you’re an Edmodo educator who would like to share your experiences with our global community, we encourage you to submit a proposal. Last year, over 2,000 educators from all 50 states and 51 countries joined us for an incredible day of learning. This year, we’ll select up to 20 educators from around the world to present!
EdmodoCon is an online gathering of educators from across the globe for a day of professional development. We’re looking for dynamic presenters who are inspiring and passionate about teaching with technology in the classroom. We welcome proposals from all educators, administrators, technologists and media specialists. Please note this is a virtual event and all presentations will be done via WebEx.
To apply, please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information must be included to be considered.
- Location (City/Country)
- Presentation category (see options below)
- Target audience
- If you have any prior experience presenting, please let us know what event(s) you’ve presented at and the topic you presented on.
- Session description. Please be descriptive about what you will present and how this will benefit educators across the globe.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, June 8th.
Presentation categories (All presentations should be approximately 20-30 minutes)
- Edmodo in the Classroom: Unique and interesting examples of how you’ve used Edmodo to reinvigorate learning in your classroom. All grade levels and subject areas considered. Example topics may include course delivery, global classrooms, differentiated instruction, project based learning and blended learning.
- Edmodo Apps: For anyone with early access to Edmodo Apps, we’d love to have you showcase the apps you’ve installed and how you are using them to increase student engagement. If selected to present, be prepared to demo the apps and how it was used in the classroom.
- Going Mobile: Is your classroom, school or district using Edmodo on iPads or other mobile devices? Stories about 1:1 implementations, BYOD initiatives or creative examples of using Edmodo on mobile devices inside or outside the classroom.
- Digital Integrations: What digital tools do you integrate with Edmodo? We want to hear about the tools you can’t live without and the exceptional ways you’ve integrated them with Edmodo to create highly engaging experiences for your students.
- Professional Learning Networks (PLN’s): How are teachers and administrators within your school or district using Edmodo for PLN’s? Do you have a PLN group outside of your school? Share unique stories and best practices about PLN’s you’ve been involved with. Topics may include professional development, best practices, global communities, leadership PLN’s, district rollouts, etc.
- Pot Luck: Have a great idea, but it doesn’t exactly fit into one of these categories — we want to hear it!