The Women & Gender Studies Section will hold its 7th annual Research Poster Session during our General Membership Meeting at the ALA Annual Conference in LAS VEGAS on Saturday, June 28, 2014, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. The forum seeks to provide an opportunity to present newly completed research or work in progress. Both beginning and established researchers are welcome to apply. Participants may receive collaborative feedback and recommendations for future publishing and/or new initiatives.
The potential scope of the topics includes, but is not limited to, teaching methods, instruction, information technology, collection development, interdisciplinarity, and collaboration with academic faculty.* For research ideas, see the newly updatedResearch Agenda for Women and Gender Studies Librarianship.
* This year the committee is especially interested in receiving submissions which highlight the ways in which librarians work with faculty and/or establish faculty partnerships. However, as stated above, submissions are NOT limited to this particular theme.
Applicants chosen to present their work at the poster session are expected to supply presentation materials, including poster boards. Tables for presentation materials will be provided. Attendees at the forum will find an arena for discussion and networking with their colleagues interested in related issues and trends in the profession.
The committee will use a blind peer review process.
1. Significance of the topic. Priority will be given to Women and Gender Studies Section members and/or women and gender studies topics
2. Originality of the project
Proposal submission instructions:
1. Proposals should include:
– Title of the proposal
– Proposal narrative (no more than 2 pages, double spaced)
– Name of applicant(s)
– Affiliation (s)
– Applicant Email address(es), Phone number(s)
– Are you a member of the Women & Gender Studies Section?
If you would like to become a member, go to: http://www.libr.org/wgss/join.html
2. NOTE: Submission deadline: March 31, 2014
3. Proposals should be emailed to: Beth Strickland, Chair, WGSS Research Committee (email@example.com)
4. The chair will notify the applicants by April 30, 2014