Call for Chapters
Dr. Siran Mukerji, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), India
Dr. Purnendu Tripathi, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), India
Call for Chapters
Proposals Submission Deadline: July 15, 2015 Full Chapters Due: September 30, 2015 Submission Date: January 30, 2016
From the management point of view, Higher Education is no longer perceived as stage of learning that occurs at universities, academies, colleges, seminaries, and institutes of technology, rather, it is in the domain of support services provided to the learners in the form of academic programmes / educational programmes as ‘Educational Products’ in the higher learning institutions, now considered as Professional Organizations. Evidently, the area of Higher Education needs to be analyzed from this perspective. With greater emphasis on integration of technology with education and trans-national collaboration amongst the Universities, Higher Education Management is a specialized area with ample research taking place in policy, governance, technological integration, marketing, leadership and development etc. in Higher Education.
A background research of available literature on Higher Education Management revealed a need for the Handbook of Research related to Higher Education Management. Existing books on similar and related titles of Higher Education Management clearly shows that although there is significant amount of literature on Higher Education Management as a whole but a Handbook of Research on Administration, Policy, and Leadership in Higher Education and that too in the context of Research Studies/ Case Studies from Trans-national perspective is yet to be published. Hence, there is an urgent need to fill the gap with a Handbook of Research on Administration, Policy, and Leadership in Higher Education, comprising research studies / Case Studies related to Technology, Governance, Policy, Administration, Marketing and Transnational Collaboration with a holistic perspective of Higher Education.
Therefore, this Handbook is proposed to be a concerted effort to collaborate with researchers to share their research studies, case studies, innovations and good practices in the various conceptual, functional and operational dimension of Higher Education.
The Handbook has been planned and proposed to address the core issues of Technology, Management, Governance, Administration, Leadership, Policy and Marketing etc. in the domain of Higher Education including Distance Education with the following set of objectives:
- To present a comprehensive volume of Research Studies/ Case Studies on Trans-national Technological and Institutional collaboration amongst institutions of Higher Education and related areas;
- To provide the audience a comparative and analytical perspective of various issues like Technology, Governance, Policy, Marketing etc. in Higher Education institutions, their educational programs and support services and the related issues in the context of international competition; and
- To highlight the strategic framework adopted by Higher Education Institutions and policies of developing and marketing educational programs and student services to successfully meet global competitive challenges, thus have competitive advantage over other institutions.
Accordingly, the mission of this handbook is to provide an international platform to the policy makers, teachers and researchers, educational program managers and developers, educators, trainers, educational administrators, marketing specialists etc. to contribute and share their research studies, experiences, ideas, attitudes and perspectives on how institutions in their respective countries are addressing the core issues of management of higher education towards providing quality and internationally accredited higher education.
The proposed handbook is perceptibly going to be very useful for upper – level course supplement especially in Masters and Doctorate level programs in Higher Education Management, Educational Administration, Marketing Management, Services Marketing, Educational Management, Higher Education Planning and Management, Higher Education Administration and Leadership, Policy on Higher Education, Higher Education Marketing as a specialized stream because students and researchers would get good deal of detailed and comparative resource, strategies, experiences and challenges in a single volume.
It is expected that this handbook would certainly be useful as a library reference in all single and dual mode institutions of not only higher education but also non formal education, vocational education, distance education etc around the world due to its comprehensive and comparative character.
The proposed publication is expected to be of use to the following audience:
- Higher Education Policy makers and Administrators, Educators, Trainers and Teachers, and Researchers in Educational Management: The proposed handbook will provide a comparative and comprehensive analysis of higher education management on various issues across the world and also best practices and experiences from the varied range of countries. The audience of this handbook will benefit by having a single volume focusing on all these aspects. It will act as a good resource book for researchers in Educational Management, Marketing of Educational Programs, Higher Education and Management and Development of Education. By concentrating on various experiences and perspectives across the world, scholars of different institutions will get to know about latest advancements and applications of technology and marketing ideas in higher education of other countries thus using and adopting these as best practices in their own institution.
- Educational Program Managers, Support Services Managers, External Relation, partnership managers and Business Development officers: Since the book is concentrating on the core issue of educational management in Higher Education from trans-national perspective so it is expected that this book would provide a comprehensive insight into key international collaborative strategies for higher educational institutions.
- Higher Education Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Higher Education Planning and Management
- Higher Education Administration and Leadership
- Policy on Higher Education
- Technology in Higher Education Administration
- Support Services for Students in Higher Education
- Marketing of Higher Education
- Online Learning and MOOCs in Higher Education Marketing Management
- Services Marketing in Higher Education
- Higher Education Administration Distance Education Institutions
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before July 15, 2015, a chapter proposal of 1,000 to 2,000 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter at http://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/1859. Authors will be notified by August 30, 2015 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by September 30, 2015, and all interested authors must consult the guidelines for manuscript submissions at http://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/ prior to submission. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this publication. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
All proposals should be submitted through the E-Editorial Discovery online submission manager.
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), an international academic publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference,” “Business Science Reference,” and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. IGI Global specializes in publishing reference books, scholarly journals, and electronic databases featuring academic research on a variety of innovative topic areas including, but not limited to, education, social science, medicine and healthcare, business and management, information science and technology, engineering, public administration, library and information science, media and communication studies, and environmental science. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2016.
July 15, 2015: Proposal Submission Deadline
August 30, 2015: Notification of Acceptance
September 30, 2015: Full Chapter Submission
November 30, 2015: Review Results Returned
March 15, 2016: Final Acceptance Notification
March 30, 2016: Final Chapter Submission
Dr. Siran Mukerji Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), India e-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Purnendu Tripathi Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), India e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org