The fourth AIUCD (Italian Digital Humanities Association) annual conference entitled “Digital humanities and cultural heritage: what relationship?” will be hosted in Turin (Italy) by the University of Turin.
International colleagues are invited to submit papers on – but not limited to – the following topics:
– Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage: integration, separation, independence?
– what relationship among Museums, Libraries, Archives and Digital Humanities?
– how do Digital Humanities fit in Museums, Archives and Galleries?
visualization, imaging, graphic representations, immersive environments in the Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage areas;
– which impact on society for research projects’ output in the Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage areas?
– Public History: Museums, Libraries and Archives today are privileged mediators between the public and its past, DH methodologies however require new figures, aware of the issues and opportunities offered by the digital world;
– which forms may the collaboration between cultural institutions and digital humanists take in digitization projects, text encoding, critical edition, digital curation?
– experiences of projects using principles and methods of the semantic web, and Linked Open Data research.
The contributions, to be submitted as a 500 words maximum abstract in PDF format, must be loaded through the EasyChair platform at the URL:https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aiucd2015.
Deadline for submission of abstracts August 31st, 2015.
Further information on the conference at the URL:http://www.aiucd2015.unito.it/