March 22-25, 2017
Call for proposals at http://conference.acrl.org/conference-content/
May 6, 2016 Contributed papers, panel sessions, workshops, and preconferences proposals due
October 14, 2016 Poster sessions, roundtable discussions, TechConnect presentations, and virtual conference webcasts proposals due.
As an attendee you can expect:
- More than 500 carefully curated conference programs selected and presented by leaders in the profession.
- A variety of formal and informal opportunities to network with more than 3,000 of your peers and colleagues.
- Exhibits from more than 200 companies highlighting the newest products and services available in the academic library community.
- Three dynamic keynote sessions that will inspire your work in your library and beyond.
- One year of free access to the ACRL 2017 Virtual Conference, including more than 130 slidecasts, discussions, and more.
ACRL 2017 presenters will be required to:
- register for and attend the conference (complimentary registration may be requested for non-librarian presenters on the submission form);
- grant permission for possible recording (slidecasts) and broadcast of their presentation; assign ACRL first publication rights, as contributed papers will be published as part of the ACRL conference proceedings; and
- contributed paper presenters must provide completed papers in both hard copy and electronic versions by the deadline date.
Selection criteria The ACRL 2017 Conference committees will evaluate the content of your proposal for relevance to the conference tracks and theme, clarity, originality, and timeliness. Proposals should be for original work that has not been previously published. Special attention will be given to proposals that:
- demonstrate innovative thinking;
- generate ideas or report research that contribute to ongoing discussion about the future of academic and research libraries;
- contribute ideas for positioning academic and research librarians to be leaders both on and off campus; present strategies for effectively implementing new ideas and technology; and
- encourage active learning among conference attendees.
Questions should be directed to Margot Conahan at email@example.com.