The ALCTS CaMMS Catalog Management Interest Group seeks speakers to present at its meeting at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Seattle, WA, January 26, 2019, 1:00-2:30 pm in the Madison Ballroom of the Renaissance Seattle Hotel.
The Catalog Management Interest Group discusses the various issues involved in
cataloging, classification, authority control, and metadata application after
the initial cataloging has been performed, including its impact on discovery.
It provides a forum for exchanging information and discussing techniques, new
developments, and problems with managing the data integrity of library
catalogs and related discovery tools.
Presentation topics might include, but are certainly not limited to:
* Digitizing special collections
— in-house digitized materials into vendors e-book platforms or
— providing or improving access to digitized collections
* Processes of updating existing records to reflect digital versions
* Transforming existing records for use in a digital repository type of
* Customizing collections to enhance customer experience
* ILS audit and assessment
* Tricks for managing data
* Training tips and tools
* Library data curation/analysis
* Power of library data and linked data success stories
Please email proposals by November 26, 2018, to the Co-Chairs, Vesselina
Stoytcheva at Vesselina.Stoytcheva@occ.treas.gov and Jeanette Sewell at
firstname.lastname@example.org. In your proposal, please include the following:
* Presentation title
* Abstract: 150-300 words
* Amount of time needed to make the presentation
* Name(s) and position(s) of presenter(s)
* Email address(es) of presenter(s)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Jeanette Sewell, Co-Chair
Vesselina Stoytcheva, Co-Chair
Dan Tam Do, Vice Co-Chair
Marina Morgan, Vice Co-Chair