The LITA Open Source Systems Interest Group seeks proposals for its meeting on
Saturday, January 26th at 4:00-5:30 PM during the 2019 ALA Midwinter Meeting
in Seattle, Washington.
The Open Source Systems IG encourages active participation in the open source
community, promotes the use of open source software in libraries, and
advocates for the development of open standards and policies. We invite you to
share your experience implementing and using open source systems in your
Presentation topics might include, but are certainly not limited to:
– the new website you built with an open source CMS like WordPress, Drupal, or
– your recent ILS move to Koha or Evergreen
– a digital repository you set up with Omeka or Islandora
– your switch from Microsoft Office to LibreOffice
– the brand new software you just created and want to share with the community
Presenters will be allotted 15 minutes with a short time afterwards for
Please email proposals to Jake Ineichen (email@example.com)
or Rob Nunez (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, December 14th.
Your proposal should include:
– Proposal title
– Proposal description (up to 150 words)
– Name and position of presenter
We will notify you by Friday, December 21st if your proposal has been
accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!
Jake Ineichen (Co-chair) and Rob Nunez (Co-chair)