ACRL/NY 2019 Annual Symposium
Outside of the Box: Redefining Ethical Innovation in the Academic Library
December 6, 2019
Baruch College, City University of New York (CUNY)
(Baruch Vertical Campus)
For this year’s ACRL/NY Symposium, we are seeking posters about new and ethically informed practices in the academic library.
Proposals from persons of diverse identities and professional backgrounds are encouraged.
Potential topics include (but are not limited to):
● Diverse voices in our profession: enhancing diversity and advocating for underrepresented groups at all levels in the academic library, including staff, professionals, students and administration
● Ethically Innovative Leadership: for example, challenging traditional hierarchies, incorporating different perspectives, navigating organizational structures, labor relations, facilitative management and support for professional growth and development
● Public Services and Instruction: new and creative types of reference and instruction initiatives (e.g. incorporating critical pedagogy, environmentally responsible maker spaces, culturally responsive instruction)
● Acquisitions/Collection Development: outreach and curating of collections (e.g. community based collections, OER Open Education Resources, responsible purchasing, ownership models)
● Technical Services: transforming technical services; accommodating new forms of technology, data, and strategic planning (e.g. weeding ethically, critical cataloging, accessibility)
As academic libraries continue to evolve in the 21st century, ACRL continues to be dedicated in discovering new approaches that enhance and foster our scholarly community.
Selections will be done by a blind review; please do not include any identifying information in your abstract. Proposals must be submitted by September 15, 2019.
Poster proposals can be submitted using this form: https://acrlny2019symposium.wordpress.com/posters/
The ACRL/NY 2019 Symposium will be held on December 6, 2019 at the Vertical Campus at Baruch College, City University of New York.
If you have questions about the poster selection process, please contact Maureen Clements at email@example.com