CALL FOR PAPERS
9th EAI INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MOBILE MULTIMEDIA COMMUNICATIONS
Xi’an, People’s Republic of China, June 18–20, 2016
Tutorial/Workshop Proposal: 15 December 2015
Full Paper Due: 01 February 2016
Acceptance Notification: 01 April 2016
Camera ready Due: 20 April 2016
Keynotes (in alphabetical order):
- Prof. Y. Thomas Hou (Tom Hou), IEEE Fellow, Bradley Distinguished Professor of ECE, Virginia Tech, Chair of IEEE INFOCOM Steering Committee, IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer
- Prof. Jiandong Li, Vice President of Xidian University, Chair of IEEE ComSoC Xi’an Chapter, Fellow of China Institute of Communication (CIC), Senior member of IEEE and China Institute of Electronics (CIE)
- Prof. Witold Pedrycz, IEEE fellow, EiC of Information Sciences, Canada Research Chair, Systems Research Institute of Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
- The 3rd International Workshop on Data, Text, Web, and Social Network Mining (DTWSM 2016) http://www.mobimedia.org/2016/show/workshop-2
- The International Workshop on Security and Forensics of Multimedia in the Cloud (IWSFMC 2016) http://www.mobimedia.org/2016/show/workshop-1
- The 2nd International Workshops on 5G Security (IW5GS 2016) (http://www.mobimedia.org/2016/show/workshop-3)
Successfully deploying multimedia services and applications in mobile environments requires adopting an interdisciplinary approach where multimedia, networking and physical layer issues are addressed jointly. Content features analysis and coding, media access control, multimedia flow and error control, cross-layer optimization, Quality of Experience (QoE), media cloud as well as mobility management and security protocols are research challenges that need to be carefully examined when designing new mobile media architectures. We also need to put a great effort in designing applications that take into account the way the user perceives the overall quality of the provided service.
Within this scope, MobiMedia is intended to provide a unique international forum for researchers from industry and academia, working on multimedia coding, mobile communications and networking fields, to study new technologies, applications and standards. Original unpublished contributions are solicited that can improve the knowledge and practice in the integrated design of efficient technologies and the relevant provision of advanced mobile multimedia applications.
The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
All accepted papers will be published by ACM.
Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
The authors of the best papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work through one of the following EAI endorsed publications:
– EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications
– EAI Endorsed Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems
– Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (Springer) (MONET) (IF: 1.109)
– IEEE IoT Journal
Application and Multimedia/channel coding paradigms, including for example joint source and channel coding paradigms, scalable video coding, wireless and ad hoc network solutions, ciphering and authentication.
Networking and transmission mechanisms including for example transport and network protocol solutions, cross-layer techniques, rate control and adaptation mechanism for video delivery, impact of mobility and heterogeneous networks in multimedia delivery, p2p content delivery and medical cloud.
Multimedia services, business models and concepts, including for example new business models and service concepts, trust and security paradigms for multimedia delivery, test beds and experimentation platforms for multimedia.
Special track 1: Next Generation Communications and Networking Technologies, including for example RAN and mobile backhaul, Energy-efficient green communications, Mobile/wireless content distribution, and Next-generation access networking.
Special track 2: Data Mining in Social Multimedia, including for example Application of social network analysis, Application of social network mining, Social media advertisement algorithms and applications, Recommendation systems in social multimedia,Data mining in mobile communication, and Large scale image, video and audio mining.
Special track 3: Multimedia Transmission Mechanism over Wireless Networks, including for example Cross- layer-based multimedia transmission technique, protocols and algorithms design for distributed multimedia transmission, Rate control and adaptation transmission mechanism for multimedia delivery, cloud-based multimedia delivery, and Energy efficiency analysis for wireless multimedia transmission.
Special track 4: Trust, Security and Privacy of Mobile Multimedia, including for example trust management, privacy preservation and security protection for mobile multimedia networking and communications, as well as multimedia data, and other related topics.
Proposals should provide a focused lecture or scope on new and emerging topics within the scope of the conference. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings. All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to:
Prof. Jun Liu, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. Zheng Yan, Xidian University, China (email@example.com)
Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal. Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted. Full details of submission procedures are available here.
– Papers should be in English.
– Regular papers should be up to 10 pages in length.
– Short papers should be up to 6 pages in length.
– Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such papers will be rejected without review.
– The paper submissions must follow the ACM formatting guidelines (see Author’s kit section).
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be invited to publish in the following journals:
EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications,
ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (Springer) (MONET) (IF: 1.109)