EA 872 Blog Entry 7

This week I learned a technique on how to do a business model known as business canvas.  This is a one pager that outlines different areas of the business and gives a very good 360 degree view of the business model.  This is a useful way to teach about the business model to colleagues, but can also be used a a genesis tool to see where improvements and or new business models can spawn.

As an Enterprise Architect, we understand that business itself is a living system, ever changing with the dynamics of the markets, people and process.  I think it is very important for all employees to be well versed in the business model.   I believe having a thorough understanding of the model, helps to map their part to the big picture.  Most employees will produce better if they understand how their contributions effect the big picture.  If they are just working towards an unknown goal or end, they tend to become disillusioned, or worse bitter and the work and productivity suffers.

It can be like being part of a sports team, knowing how you contributed to win the game will keep you motivated to continue to improve or keep do what you are doing.