3 Important Competencies for GA Research Groups

1. Process Management: A research graduate assistant is working and learning in an apprenticeship manner. However, often one does not learn the various aspects or roles of managing a research project. Such as RFP, financing, grant writing, efficient systems for collaborating citation resources.
  2. Technologies: Various technologies are not used, but taught for different research projects. Qualitative programs to make work efficient are not taught formally. These are items that are learned on the project, in addition to experiencing the research group and process for the first time.
  3. Leadership roles: This process of assigning roles is often not systematically approached or explored research groups. The group often forms organically from class interactions. However, issues occur in assigned groups. This is where assigning tasks or roles may be beneficial, especially with those who have strong personalities or competitive tendencies.

One thought on “3 Important Competencies for GA Research Groups

1. Anitra Young

Whoa Donny – It looks like you have been at this for a while! I love your graphic for your name! In terms my suggestions for you for last week’s assignment. I would suggest updating the competencies so that there is cohesiveness in terms of a story. I wasn’t sure if you were the graduate student, what the problem statement was or what the overall goal for improvement would be. –Anitra