Glorious Goldendoodles

Now that we have talked about miniature poodles and golden retrievers, it is only natural that we talk about the miniature goldendoodle this week.  In my opinion, these are the best dogs EVER.  In just over three years, this is the kind of dog I want to get.  They are a hybrid between miniature poodles and golden retrievers, and they’re just amazing.

Mini goldendoodles grow to 13-24 inches and 15-30 pounds.  To me, this is the perfect in between size.  It’s small enough to hold or sit on your lap, but big enough to play with or take for a run without tripping over it.  Since they are a mix, you never know what you’ll get when it comes to coat.  It can be straight, wavy, or curly, and it comes in several colors.  They need to be brushed regularly and their coat should be clipped every couple months.

Their personality is a combination of that of it’s parents, so it is smart, loyal, energetic, and outgoing.  Like the golden retriever, they love people and other animals.  This means I could have a best friend, and my dog would be okay with it if I ever decided to get more pets.  Since they are intelligent and athletic, they like to play and exercise, and they also need some sort of training or mental stimulation to keep them learning.  They are trainable and obedient as long as training begins early.  I’ve decided I’m going to teach my goldendoodle to do back flips just for the fun of it.  I teach kids how to do flips, so it seems the next step would be to teach a dog.  A miniature goldendoodle would fit perfectly into the post-college life that I have imagined for myself.  It’d be energetic enough to force me to be active and stay healthy, smart enough that I can teach it tricks and stay entertained, and social enough to be my best friend and just make me happy.  I’m actually a bit obsessed with these dogs–like, if something goes wrong and I never end up getting my dream job or having a family, I don’t even care, I’ll just adopt a bunch of miniature goldendoodles and become a crazy dog lady instead of a crazy cat lady.  I mean, hopefully that doesn’t happen, but it seems like a solid back up plan for my life.

Otis the Mini Goldendoodle at 5 months old

Okay, I’ve officially gotten off topic, time to wrap this up.  Miniature goldendoodles are intelligent, social, petite, playful, trainable, and athletic.  They are the most amazingly perfect dogs ever, and I will own one someday.  The end.

Thanks for reading my blog this semester; I hope you enjoyed it!

Works Cited
“Goldendoodle.” Vetstreet. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2014.
Mini goldendoodle. Digital image. Miniature Goldendoodle Sandy Ridge. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2014. <http://www.miniaturegoldendoodle.com/>.
Otis the F1 Mini Goldendoodle at 5 months old. Digital image. Miniature Goldendoodle, Mini Goldendoodle, Golden Toy or Mini Poodle Hybrid. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2014. <http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/miniaturegoldendoodle.htm>.
Springview Mini Goldendoodles: Tori and Bentley Pups at 6 WeeksYouTube. YouTube, 26 July 2013. Web. 10 Jan. 2014.

3 thoughts on “Glorious Goldendoodles

1. Golden doodles are absolutely adorable! I want one! It seems as though Golden Doodles are the perfect combination of everything I want in a dog: fun, smart, loyal, and easygoing. They are a great size too! I know you’ll get one someday!

2. These dogs sound fantastic and seem like they would be the best pet ever. Great post to finish things off for the semester. I am glad to been able to read about the many breeds of dogs, I definitely learned about new ones. Hopefully you get one of these breeds someday!

3. Golden doodles! I did even know these existed! They sound like fantastic pets and actually a little bit too good to be true. But I’ll believe you 🙂 I’m glad you ended with your favorite dog, and I hope you are able to get one someday. Thank you for all your great posts and awesome alliterative titles this semester!