Faith Gongaware

Hi! I’m Faith, and I’m a junior double majoring in Supply Chain and Info. Systems and Global and International Studies with minors in International Business and Engineering Design. I spent this past spring (SP 19) studying abroad and completing an internship with IBM in my now second home of Brno, Czech Republic through the CEE Czechmates program. As the second biggest city in Czechia behind Prague, Brno gave me a uniquely intimate look at typical Czech life while still delivering the fun and opportunities of a burgeoning hub for international students. Some of my favorite things to do while abroad was explore Europe (my friends and I traveled to 17 cities in 8 different countries), practice my Czech and meet locals while discovering the city’s thriving cafĂ© culture, and enjoy Czech dumplings or kebab takeout with friends I made from all over the world. My semester abroad taught me more than I thought possible about myself, the world outside of my home, and how those concepts (of myself, home, and the world at large) overlap. I can’t wait to utilize my growth to continue traveling the world and learning about its people, and am excited for you to do so too!