Ebrahimi lab members are indicated in bold; corresponding author(s) is highlighted with *.
- A. Ebrahimi*, K. Zhang, C. Dong, S. Subramanian, D. Butler, A. Bolotsky, L. Goodnight, Y. Cheng, J. A. Robinson*, FeSx-Graphene Heterostructures: Nanofabrication-Compatible Catalysts for Ultra-Sensitive Electrochemical Detection of Hydrogen Peroxide, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical (2019) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2018.12.033
- D. Butler, N. Goel, L. Goodnight, S. Tadigadapa, and A. Ebrahimi*, Detection of Bacterial Metabolism in Lag-Phase using Impedance Spectroscopy of Agar-integrated 3D Microelectrodes, Biosensors and Bioelectronics (2018: in press) DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2018.09.057
- A. Ebrahimi, L. N. Csonka, and M. A. Alam, Analyzing Thermal Stability of Cell Membrane of Salmonella Using Time-Multiplexed Impedance Sensing, Biophysical Journal 114 (2018) 609–618, (NSF Science 360 Top Story)
- A. Ebrahimi and M. A. Alam, Droplet-based non-Faradaic impedance sensors for Assessment of Susceptibility of Escherichia coli to Ampicillin in 60 minutes, Biomedical Microdevices 19: 27, 2017.
- A. Ebrahimi and M. A. Alam, Evaporation-induced stimulation of bacterial osmoregulation for electrical assessment of cell viability, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 113 (2016) 7059 (NSF Science 360 News).
P. Dak*, A. Ebrahimi*, V. Swaminathan, C. Duarte-Guevara, R. Bashir, and M. A Alam (*Equal Contribution), Droplet-based Biosensing for Lab-on-a-Chip Open Microfluidics Platforms, Biosensors 6 (2016) 14 (Invited, review paper)
A. Ebrahimi and M. A. Alam, Time-resolved PCA of ‘droplet impedance’ identifies DNA hybridization at nM concentration, Sensors and Actuators: B 215 (2015) 215-224.
P. Dak, A. Ebrahimi, and M. A. Alam, Non-faradaic impedance characterization of an evaporation droplet for microfluidic and biosensing applications, Lab Chip 14 (2014) 2469-2479.
A. Ebrahimi, P. Dak, E. Salm, S. Dash, S. V. Garimella, R. Bashir, and M. A. Alam, Nanotextured Superhydrophobic Electrodes enable Detection of attomolar-scale DNA concentration within a Droplet by non-Faradaic Impedance Spectroscopy, Lab Chip 13 (2013) 4248-4256 (Research Highlights in Lab on a Chip)
A. Ebrahimi, A. Pirouz, Y. Abdi, S. Azimi, and S. Mohajerzadeh, Selective deposition of CuO/SnO2 sol–gel on porous SiO2 suitable for the fabrication of MEMS-based H2S sensors, Sensors and Actuators B 173 (2012) 802– 810.
- A. Ebrahimi, S. Mohajerzadeh, A. Alihosseinzadeh, A. Khodadadi, and Y. Mortazavi, Preferential Oxidation of CO Based on Electro-Thermally Assisted Catalytic Ni/Cu Nanostructures on Si Micro-Grass, ECS Transactions 35 (2011) 37-41.
- Y. Abdi, A. Ebrahimi, S. Mohajerzadeh and M. Fathipour, High sensitivity interdigited capacitive sensors using branched tree-like carbon nanotubes on silicon membranes, App. Phys. Lett. 94 (2009) 1735071-3.
- A. Ebrahimi, Y. Abdi, S. Mohajerzadeh, and Y. Komijani, Highly Sensitive Capacitive Transducer based on Comb-Like Array of Branched Carbon Nanotubes, Procedia Chemistry 1 (2011) 1159-1162.
- S. Paydavosi, A. Ebrahimi, S. Mohajerzadeh, A. H. Tamaddon, N. Izadi, A. Behnam and Y. Abdi, Hydrogenation assisted metal-induced lateral nano-crystallization of amorphous silicon on PET at low temperatures, Thin Solid Films 516 (2008) 7790-7796.
- S. Darbari, Y. Abdi, A. Ebrahimi, and S. Mohajerzadeh, Fabrication of silicon based actuators using branched carbon nano-structures, IEEE Sensors 11 (2011) 1535-1540.
- M. Kayyalha, J. N. Nilchi, A. Ebrahimi, and S. Mohajerzadeh, High aspect ratio hydrogenation-assisted lateral etching of (100) silicon substrates, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 21 (2011) 074003.
- S. Darbari, Y. Abdi, A. Ebrahimi, N. Doostani, S. Mohajerzadeh, Fabrication and modeling of a novel SAW-like transducer device based on branched carbon nanotubes, ECS Transactions 35 (2011) 131-135.
- A. Behnam, F. Karbassian, S. Mohajerzadeh, A. Ebrahimi, and M.D. Robertson, Low-temperature nickel-induced nano-crystallization of silicon on PET by MIC, hydrogenation and mechanical stress, Solid-State Electronics 50 (2006) 1618–1624.
Conferences and talks:
- A. Ebrahimi, Probing Bacterial Response to Stress Using Electronic and Electrochemical Sensors, Sensors Summit, San Diego, CA, Dec. 2018 (Invited)
- A. Ebrahimi, Materials and Devices for Healthcare applications, Department of Electrical Engineering, Penn State University, Nov. 2018 (EE396, guest speaker)
- A. Ebrahimi, On-chip Microbiology and Beyond, Kansas State University, October 2018 (Invited)
- C. Dong, D. Deng, K. Zhang, R. Muralidharan, J. Robinson, and A. Ebrahimi, Highly Sensitive Detection of Ascorbic Acid using Electronic Devices based on 2D MoS2, BMES 2018 Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Oct. 2018
- R. Muralidharan*, J. Noble*, C. Zhou*, Z. Liu, and A. Ebrahimi, Point-of-Care Detection of Bacterial Viability using Dynamic Laser Speckle Imaging, BMES 2018 Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Oct. 2018 (*Equal Contribution)
- N. Goel, C. Dong, J.A. Robinson, S. Tadigadapa, and A. Ebrahimi, Gel‐integrated impedimetric biosensors based on Au‐Ni microelectrodes enable in situ detection of E. coli metabolism, 28th Anniversary World Congress on Biosensors, Miami, FL, June 2018
- A. Ebrahimi, Materials as Artificial Enzymes to study Cellular Biophysics, The Center for 2-Dimensional & Layered Materials, Penn State University, University Park, April 2018 (Invited)
- A. Ebrahimi, Electrochemical Biosensors based on Engineered 2D Materials as Artificial Enzymes, Industry Exchange Day, Penn State University, University Park, May 2018 (Invited; selected as one of the top five multi-college research presentations)
- A. Ebrahimi, Materials and Devices for Healthcare and Environmental Applications, Department of Biomedical Engineering (Colloquium), Penn State University, University Park, February 2018 (Invited)
- A. Ebrahimi, On-chip Analysis of Bacterial Cells and Beyond, Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics (ESC433), Penn State University, University Park, November 2017 (Invited)
- A. Ebrahimi, Point-of-Care Devices for Healthcare Research: On-chip Microbiology Analysis, Department of Electrical Engineering (Colloquium), Penn State University, University Park, September 2017 (Invited)
- A. Ebrahimi, Rapid diagnostics: When Electrochemical Nanobiosensors probe Pathogens, New York University, New York, March 2017 (Invited)
- A. Ebrahimi and M. A. Alam, Impedance spectroscopy of micro-Droplets reveals activation of Bacterial Mechanosensitive Channels in Hypotonic Solutions, American Physical Society (APS) March Meeting, Baltimore, USA, March 2016.
- A. Ebrahimi, Droplet-based impedance spectroscopy for highly sensitive biosensing within minutes, Rising Stars in EECS, MIT, Cambridge, MA, November 2015 (Invited).
- A. Ebrahimi and M. A. Alam, Incubation-free detection of bacteria cells by using droplet-based impedance sensing, Device Research Conference (DRC), Columbus, Ohio, USA, June 2015.
- A. Ebrahimi and M. A. Alam, Evaporation-Enhanced Impedance Sensing for Highly-Sensitive Differentiation of dsDNA from ssDNA, Device Research Conference (DRC), Notre Dame, Indiana, USA, June 2013.
- A. Ebrahimi, S. Mohajerzadeh, A. Alihosseinzadeh, A. Ali Khodadadi, and Y. Mortazavi, Fabrication of novel electric-field induced catalytic nanostructures on Si micro grasses suitable for CO detection and combustion, 219th ECS meeting, Montreal, Canada, May 2011.
- A. Ebrahimi, Y. Abdi, S. Mohajerzadeh, and S. Paydavosi, Interdigital Capacitive Array of Tree-like Carbon Nanotubes on Silicon-based Membranes for Sensor Applications, MRS Proceedings 1179 (2009) 1179-BB06-07.
- A. Ebrahimi, Y. Abdi, S. Mohajerzadeh and Y. Komijani, Highly Sensitive Capacitive Transducer Based on Comb-Like Array of Branched Carbon Nanotubes, EurosensorsXXIII, Switzerland, September 2009.
- A. Ebrahimi, Y. Abdi, S. Mohajerzadeh and S. Paydavosi, Interdigital Capacitive Array of Tree-like Carbon Nanotubes on Silicon-based Membranes for Sensor Applications, MRS conference (Spring meeting), San Francisco, CA, April 2009.
- A. Ebrahimi, S. Paydavosi, S. Mohajerzadeh, A. Behnam, Y. Abdi, and M.D. Robertson, Hydrogenation assisted metal-induced lateral nano-crystallization of amorphous silicon on PET at low temperatures, EMRS Conference, France, June 2006.
- A. Pirouz, A. Ebrahimi, F. Karbassian, and S. Mohajerzadeh, Photoluminescence from SiO2 nanostructures prepared by a sequential RIE process, Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference (NMDC-IEEE), Jeju, Korea, Oct. 2011.
- A. Ebrahimi, H. Miladi, and S. Mohajerzadeh, A Two Level Etch Process for Fabrication of Low Frequency Out-of-Plane Accelerometer, APCOT, Australia, 2010.
- S. Darbari, A. Ebrahimi, Y. Abdi, and S. Mohajerzadeh, A novel SAW-like interdigital capacitive transducer based on branched carbon nanotubes, ICNST, China, 2010.