About the authors

This site is a synergistic effort of two retired Penn State University biologists, William Hamilton and Deborah Sillman. Hamilton and Sillman spent 34 years exploring the ecosystems of Western Pennsylvania and have collaborated not only on this blog site but also on an on-line representation of the Penn State New Kensington Campus Nature Trail (“The Virtual Nature Trail”) and on a site describing some of the hiking trails of Western Pennsylvania (“Between Stones and Trees”).  In 2020, after retiring from Penn State, Hamilton and Sillman moved west to be closer to family and changed the focus of this site to the descriptions and discussions of the ecosystems of Colorado. For the most part, Hamilton is responsible for the written content of these pages and Sillman is responsible for the photographs, editing, and technical support. Feel free to contact Dr. Hamilton (hw7@psu.edu) or Ms. Sillman (dys100@psu.edu) if you have any questions about our sites or about our topics.

4 Responses to About the authors

1. Ann Marie Buus says:

Please add my email to your mailing list. A travel companion, Don Wicks, from a recent Canadian trip referred me to your blog.
    Ann Marie Buus

2. Renee Landsman says:

Your site is very educational and interesting. I am in my community’s garden club. Can you add me to your blog.
    Thank you,
    Renee Landsman

3. Holly Glenn says:

My mom, Jane Glenn, loves your blog and frequently forwards it to me. I would love it if you could add my name to your mailing list. Happy New a Year!

4. Elizabeth Kapoor says:

I’ve heard of this blog through the Rolling Stone article about the Grant Twp fracking fight. I’ll bookmark the site, but if you have an email list would you add my address. Thanks.