1855 Capital is hiring 3 interns for a paid position working 10-20 hours/week. If you’re interested in gaining experience as a financial analyst, strategic analyst, or social media marketing analyst, check out the attached Word files below with more details. Applications are accepted through Nittany Lion Careers.
- Student Spotlight: Aileen McKinstry, English and History major , Study Abroad in London, England: “I treasured the opportunities to explore museums bursting with centuries’ worth of history (especially the British Museum), to experience a Shakespeare production at the Globe Theater and another at Stratford-Upon-Avon, and also to find amazing places to eat! In essence, I loved the chance to live in London, if only for weeks, because it afforded me the chance to culturally immerse myself somewhere so similar, yet so different to home.”
EVENTS THIS WEEK
- TUESDAY – THURSDAY: Graduate and Professional School Week: Graduate and Professional School Week is for any student who is considering continuing their education. Meet with representatives from schools from across the country to learn about programs, requirements, and how to get started applying. Tuesday, Oct. 22: Law School Day; Wednesday, Oct. 23: Medical School and Health-Related Programs Day; Thursday, Oct. 24: Graduate School Day. 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. in Alumni Hall, HUB
- WEDNESDAY: Law School Panel: Interested in a career in law? Thinking about going to law school? Don’t miss this alumni panel on Wednesday, Oct. 23. Students can also register for a one-on-one meeting on Thursday, Oct. 24. Learn more about this year’s alumni participants and sign up for a one-on-one meeting at http://bit.ly/Law-Careers-2019.
- WEDNESDAY: Beinecke Scholarship Info Session: The Beinecke Scholarship helps fund research-based graduate study in social sciences, humanities or arts for students with demonstrated financial need. Learn more at this info session hosted by the University Fellowships Office. Wednesday, Oct. 23, 5:30 p.m., 121 Thomas Building
- THURSDAY: Gap/Glide-Year Information Session: Are you wondering what to do after graduation? If so, join us to learn about ways to take time before your next degree or career move that will help you gain professional experience and clarity. Attend this session in person or online via Zoom! Thursday, Oct. 24, 5:30 p.m. in 103BC Bank of America Career Services Center.
- THURSDAY: Careers in the Intelligence Community using Foreign Language: This 45-minute presentation given by the Intelligence Community’s Senior Language Authority will provide an overview of the IC and potential careers using foreign language. No RSVP required. All majors & all class levels. Details in Nittany Lion Careers. Thursday, Oct. 24, 5:30-6:30 p.m. in 160 Willard Building
- RSVP for Lunch and Learn on Careers in Human Resources: Join TEKSystems to learn more about careers in human resources. Recruiters from TEKSystems will provide an overview of the broad field of HR including possible career pathways, recruiter’s experiences, and advice in finding your way. Free lunch. RSVP in Nittany Lion Careers. Thursday, Nov. 7, 12:15-1:15 p.m. in 124 Sparks Building
- Spring Enrichment Funding – Applications Open! Are you participating in an internship, study abroad, or research experience in spring 2020? Apply for enrichment funding from the College of the Liberal Arts! Make sure to visit our website for important information, including: eligibility requirements, details on the application steps, frequently asked questions, and more! Priority Deadline: December 1, 2019.
- Spring 2020 Liberal Arts Embedded Courses: Pursue a short-term study abroad opportunity by enrolling in a Spring 2020 Liberal Arts embedded course! Learn more information about courses, travel programs, costs and funding at the Liberal Arts Embedded Course Website. Schedule an appointment with the Liberal Arts Manager of Global Experiences, Chelsea Keen, or another member of the Career Enrichment Network staff through Nittany Lion Careers to discuss your study abroad options.
Liberal Arts majors should make sure to check Nittany Lion Careers on a regular basis for internship and full-time opportunities. We have a wide variety of positions posted.
- All Things Considered, Ask Me Another, Morning Edition, NPR Politics, and more internships; National Public Radio (NPR) (Job ID#s 55700, 55701, 55704, 55720)
- BRAG Summer 2020 Internship, BRAG (Job ID# 55664)
- Pennsylvania House Fellowship – Summer 2020; Pennsylvania House of Representatives (Job ID# 55661)
- SEO, Media, and Digital Media Internship, Harmelin Media (Job ID# 55591, 55589, 55590)
- Target Store Leadership Internship, Target (Job ID# 52275)
- 2020 Finance Development; Merck & Co., Inc. (Job ID# 53152)
- Human Resources Co-Op (Spring/Summer 2020); Eaton Vance Investment Management (Job ID# 55495)
- Research Assistant, Global Attitudes; Pew Research Center (Job ID# 55723)
- Global Technology Analyst Program – 2020, Bank of America (Job ID# 49721)
- Sales Trainee; Otis Elevator Company (Job ID# 53651)
Art Laffer, of Laffer Curve fame, will be speaking on Wednesday, April 24 at 7pm in 112 Kern. He is giving a lecture on taxes and tariffs, largely related to President Trump’s policies. There will be a question and answer session at the end.
Each spring, PSU’s Women in Business host the annual Powerful Women Paving the Way Conference to create an opportunity for students and professionals to share experiences, exchange insights, and empower one another. This year’s theme is Reinvent Yourself, and the conference will be held on April 11th and 12th at the Nittany Lion Inn. Students, faculty, and professionals of all ages are welcome to register!
Registration can be found at https://www.smeal.psu.edu/powerfulwomen and closes April 3rd. For some reason, if registration doesn’t work, students have been successful using another browser, like Internet Explorer.
You can view this slideshow for more details: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qsZbE9H5nIjsTWOuY1o_BEti58nbueTsJ298lxOdt-o/edit#slide=id.g54fe1f0387_0_3