Design for Developing Countries
It is critical to understand the context in which you are before designing products and services. The following concepts apply to working in many developing countries.
- Activities that are outside of regulation, observation, and taxation
3. Mobile Money
- Subsistence farming is the agricultural practice of farmers focusing on growing enough food to feed themselves and their families
- GDP is a broad, quantitative measure of total economic activity
- GDP per capita based on purchasing power parity, converted into international dollars
6. GINI Index
- The GINI index measures the extent to which the distribution of income among households and individuals deviates from a perfectly equal distribution.
- Population distribution is a description of the areas in which people live. It also describes demographics such as age, race, or sex.
- In regard to your ventures, how does the host country context present different challenges than the American context? Give at least three examples.
- In regard to your ventures, how does the host country context offer different resources than the American context. Give at least three examples.