Greetings!

Hi Everyone!

This is my first year as a kindergarten teacher and I am absolutely loving my position. I grew up in State College, PA and graduated from Juniata College (In Huntingdon, PA) with a B.S. in Elementary Education. After graduating in 2010, I taught after-school enrichment programs before being hired as a full time elementary teacher in the area. This year has been quite an experience and I have learned a great deal.

I do not have a whole lot of experience using Web 2.0 technologies in the classroom setting. I have Facebook and Instagram accounts for personal use. I’ve come across a lot of wonderful resources from Pinterest and TeachersPayTeachers. I am fortunate enough to have a SMART board in my classroom and I am always looking for new ways to incorporate different technologies in my teaching. I am looking forward to sharing resources and knowledge with everyone throughout this course!

Shelby

4 thoughts on “Greetings!

1. Shelby Nelson Post author

Marie,

I didn’t read this comment until after I had posted under your introduction! I am very excited to share resources and ideas with you. I am in the same boat.. I am considering setting up my own account this summer to share and sell the resources I have created throughout the school year. I use TeachersPayTeachers on a regular basis as well, it is incredible!

2. Shelby Nelson Post author

Phil,

TeachersPayTeachers is an online resource where teachers can share and sell their handmade, original computer-based resources with other teachers. You can share and download lesson plans, language arts and math center activities, whiteboard activities, units, substitute lessons, etc. I love this resource for MANY reasons. It is very easy to navigate through and you can narrow your search by grade level, subject area, and price. You can also search by “user” to find all of the resources that specific teacher shares. Teachers price their resources and get paid for creating them by other teachers. I have not purchased any resources yet, but have downloaded multiple lesson plans, posters, units, etc. There are countless free resources. This is the first place I check when I am looking for ideas.

3. mlc400

Hi Shelby! It is nice to have a class with you again. I really enjoyed your feedback in our last class that ended a few weeks ago (EDTEC440)! It was nice to have another “primary” based educator to bounce ideas around with and I look forward to that in this class. I LOVE that you mentioned TeachersPayTeachers! I am thinking about setting up my own personal account with a co-worker. We use it on a daily basis and I am thankful for whoever had the brilliant mind to develop that resource!! Plus…Pinterest is so addicting as well! Looking forward to connecting with you more!

4. Phil

Welcome Shelby! I’m a little curious about TeachersPayTeachers. Can you elaborate a bit on that? What’s it about? What do you like about it?