Extra Credit Podcast Reflection 2

I listened to the “Fannie Lou Hamer’s Fight Continues Today” podcast episode with guest speaker Keisha N. Blain. I chose this episode because I learned briefly about Fannie Lou Hamer in Landmark Speeches on Democracy and Dissent; we analyzed her speech “We’re On Our Way.” She was also mentioned in an introduction by Tom Hayden for The Port Huron Statement, which I read a couple of weeks ago. The introduction…

Extra Credit Podcast Reflection

I chose the podcast “Moving Beyond News Deserts and Misinformation” because we discuss the relationship between news and politics in the journalism class I’m taking right now (Comm 271). I learned that most of America’s newspapers started out as political papers, as they were sponsored by parties. The papers’ goal was to spread a party’s message and news, and newspapers and politics were closely tied. Newspapers have become more separated…

Speed dating but with books!

Quick update before we start this week’s blog: I finished the last book in the Hunger Games series. What a whirlwind experience it’s been. I finally read them… ten years later! If you want to discuss it, please let me know because I would love to talk about what happened. All I have to say is Greasy Sae>>>  Okay, since this is my very last passion blog, I thought I…

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This week I’m going to review The Hunger Games! I feel like I am one of the only people who has never read The Hunger Games (or seen the movies), but it’s been on my list forever. It was super popular when I was in fourth-fifth grade, and people continued to love it throughout middle school. When I was younger, I went through a phase of only reading historical books,…