Happy Father’s Day to all of you dads and grandfathers! Speaking of dads, sometimes it can be challenging to find activities that the men in your communities find enjoyable.
We’ve come up with some ideas for physical activities that may be more appealing to the guys. Lots of these can be done outside too, which is one way to help decrease the risk of spreading COVID.
- Consider buying in an inexpensive putting green and a few putters. They are available on Amazon. Set it up in a large common area or outside on a patio and have putting contests before dinner!
- Bowling (indoor bowling sets are available online)
- Corn hole—you can even buy corn hole sets the residents can help paint
- Fishing–there are games that can be played indoors too when the weather’s not cooperating. Here’s one: https://www.enasco.com/search/?ea_q=fishing%20game&boxsearchBy=easyAskSearchTermSearchStrategy&boxea_path=All%20Products&boxea_rpp=16&boxea_cp=1
- Basketball hoop (indoor or out on a patio)
- Tabletop billiards
- Whiffle ball/baseball game (this could be a great summer social event in the early evenings! Maybe invite the grandkids to play too)
- Dancing to music from the 1940s and 50s
To make games even more exciting, offer prizes to winners or hold a tournament. How about a Father’s Day contest? Offer a prize to the dad who is most active on Father’s Day.
Have a great week!