When Cole issued his once-a-day blog challenge in August, I did not participate, and unfortunately, I may not participate in the new once-a-day challenge issued by Allan for February. However, I am glad the challenge was issued anyway.
I was inspired by the August challenge to increase my output – to once a week for two blogs. Since September, I’ve been able to post once a week to this blog and the Got Unicode blog (even if I did a few “Scheduled” tricks). That’s a pretty good record if I may say so.
I am glad I took up this challenge because it has pushed me to produce something (especially in Unicode terms). I also found that this frequency works for me, since it gives me time to edit and think of new ideas (my profoundness quotient last week was kind of low). In short, it’s an rate I can sustain, and that’s what important to me in the long run.
If you do go for the full-blown once-a-day challenge, I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you’ll find the blogging pattern that suits you best. I know I will be looking forward to reading a few more entries. As for me, I may add a third blog to my once-a-week list.