Batch Tag All Past Entries “psuets”

If you are like me and have a blog whose sole purpose is to deliver information to the ETS community, then you may want to tag everything “psuets”.

There are some tools in the Blogs at Penn State which can help manage this. First, to batch tag all past entries as “psuets”, you can do this as follows:

1. Log in and open blog.
  2. Go to the Manage » Entries Preferences. You will see a list of your previous entries.
  3. Check the box on top to indicate you want to tag all past entries (or select the ones you want to add the tag too).
  4. In the More Actions drop down, select Add Tags. Click the Go button.
  5. In the pop-up window, enter the tag “psuets”. Click OK to close window.

6. Click the Publish link or the recycle icon to post updated entries.

This is a good way to back tag entries if you begin using new tags.

The next step…create a way to include “psuets” as a default tag. I was able to create a “Default Tag” field following Chris Millet’s custom field instructions. When you create a custom field, there’s a Default field for default values in a field. Now new entries have a default tag field with “psuests”.

I admit I’m stuck on figuring out how to have the Tag cloud widget recognize the new field, but at least I can cut and paste this into the real tag field. This is an improvement since my typing & memory skills are not as good as they could be.

This entry was posted in Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Batch Tag All Past Entries “psuets”

1. So if I end up figuring out to follow Chris’ directions on the custom field does it autofill that tag for all my entries? I’d love to see directions on how to do that.

2. ELIZABETH J PYATT says:

Got it – thanks!

3. Chris Millet says:

Minor correction: In step 2, you want to go to Manage >> Entries (not preferences).

4. Chris Millet says:

This is very handy! Thanks –