Linguistic News & Commentary
(Indegenous Language & Technology) Listserv
- Language Log
- iTunes World Music – with link to iTunes Store
- University of Victoria IPA Chart with Sounds
- IPA Charts Shows all all symbols in the chart
- French IPA (API) Chart with Sound Samples – Text in French, but vocabulary similar to English
- UCLA Phonetics Lab Data – A rich source of sounds from languages around the world
Unicode Phonetics Fonts
These are Unicode fonts which makes documents interchangeable with other Unicode fonts.
- Arial Unicode MS (Microsoft) – On most PCs, but not pretty
- Lucida Grande (Apple) – On most Macs, but not pretty
- TITUS Cyberbit – includes characters from many scripts such as Armenian, Cyrillic, Greek, Coptic and more.
- Doulos SIL – Includes Greek, Cyrillic
- Gentium – From SIL. Very readable.
- Junicode – Includes characters for medieval languages
- Aboriginal Serif – Includes Cherokee, Canadian Aboriginal, Central Asian Cyrillic
Insert Phonetic Characters
These utilities allow you to insert phonetic characters one by one.