Thanksgiving Food Drive
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is holding a Thanksgiving Food Drive to benefit the Food Bank of State College. The food drive, which will conclude this Friday, November 16th, is organized by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and Omega Chi Epsilon chemical engineering honor society.
If you would like to contribute to the causes there are several guidelines that need to be followed:
Items currently in need:
- Grocery store Gift Cards – any denomination is appreciated. Used to maintain our food inventory and supplement what we don’t receive in food donations
- Peanut butter
- Cream soups
- Juice (100% fruit juice in 48-64 oz size)
- Canned fruit – pineapple, mandarin oranges, apricots
- Thanksgiving Dinner items: Cranberry sauce, stuffing mix, canned sweet potatoes, instant potatoes, pie crust mix, pumpkin pie filling, other pie filling, canned corn.
- Frozen Turkeys or Turkey vouchers from local grocery stores
Items that will not be accepted:
- “Best if used by” date on all items if past due
- Opened items, such as half used bags or boxes of rice or pasta, or home-canned items
- Bread/pastries that are not prepackaged
- Large, gallon or #10 cans
They also always need:
- Granulated sugar
- Mayonnaise, Miracle Whip type Salad Dressing, and Salad Dressings
- Cooking Oil
- Bars of soap
- Personal hygiene items (toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, etc.), and diapers
Donation boxes are located at the East, West and Student Lounge entrances of Fenske Building until Friday, November 16th.
For more information, please visit their website: http://foodbank.centreconnect.org/index.html