WIP Public Controversy

So this week when my group met we brainstormed a lot of controversial topics. All of them ranging from the passage of laws allowing the recreational use of marijuana to child soldiers around the world. I feel like all of the topics we discussed were great and potential things for us to address. This assignment is definitely going to turn out to be very interesting. I think every group will approach a topic in their own way and this will make everything cool.  My only concern with this project is the incorporation of iMovie. I’ve never worked with it before, and I guess I’ll have to figure it out before I have to work with my group. Anyways, I think my group is really focused on the controversy of child soldiers. This is clearly a topic that many Americans are sensitive too. If anyone remembers the whole Kony thing that came out of nowhere, people started an uproar for a short time period, but then it kind of died out. Anyways, it is definitely something that people do not approve of here in the states, but I imagine we could also approach the view of those who use the child soldiers and see how they look at the situation. Not only is the situation controversial, but the views of those in charge is also controversial. I feel like we would definitely be able to make a video that meets the time requirements because there is so much information on this subject. I am really looking forward to what other controversies people pick and how they approach their videos. I personally liked the State Patty’s Day video a lot, and hopefully my group’s project will be just as great as that one!