Advocating for a shorter work week

For my persuasive essay I’ve changed my mind again. This time though I’m pretty sure I won’t be changing again. I’ve finally decided to write about why the work week should be shortened. I felt that this would incorporate some sarcasm, but also it would have the serious aspect to it as well.

As for the advocacy project I’m not totally sure what I want to do. I would really like to do a podcast, but I feel like I’d have to bring a stereo to play it for everyone. And I’m pretty sure that that would just be flat out weird. I was also considering doing some sort of poster. I would use it to kind of explain what I’m talking about and then give information on how to take action. This could be pretty interesting to see if anyone actually takes the initiative. I know a lot of times after I read a persuasive essay I finish it and think “Wow that would be cool” and walk away from it. But, I think if there is a call to action then people are more likely to walk away and think about the issue, granted shortening the work week may not be so serious, but it would be nice to have. I haven’t really looked into any other ways to advocate for shortening the week. I’m always awkward in front of cameras, or just life in general, so that is pretty much out of the picture for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 responses to “Advocating for a shorter work week