Plastic Curtains for the Greenhouse – Tofu (April 25, 2016)

IMG_3195屏幕快照 2016-04-25 下午9.31.01

In the spirit of not wasting anything, we came up with a brilliant idea to use the plastic bottles’ bottoms to create plastic curtains for the greenhouse. We colored the plastic using markers and then used fish lines to connect each of them.

Bookmark the permalink.

4 Comments

1. I saw the plastic bottle curtains hung up in the library I think and I loved them! You guys did a really great job. It actually added some life to such a dull space. The best part is, is those bottles won’t be taking up space in a landfill somewhere!

2. You guys had such great ideas! I’ve never even heard of a greenhouse made from bamboo and plastic bottles. It was truly amazing to see what you guys accomplished. It was also shocking to hear about how many plastic bottles we go through in a single day on campus. It really widens your awareness and makes you realize how big of a problem plastic bottles are.

3. That is so cool. I hope as a school we recycle all bottles in the future.

4. The plastic bottle green house wall was very cool to see in the lobby of Gaige. After hearing your presentation I was shocked to hear that those bottles were only from one day here on campus. Plastic bottles are very obviously an issue, so if they can be repurposed for something like a greenhouse i’m all for it!