Final Thoughts (Bee) April, 28, 2016

Last Thursday, on April 21st we presented our EACAP project. We discussed the topic of bee population decline along with how people can help out bees and other pollinators on their own. Throughout this project we realized that it is not hard to make an impact on helping bees and other pollinators. Some of the things you can do to help out is provide a bee box, a source of water for the bees to access, and plant native plants that they are accustomed with from the area. I didn’t realize that you need to provide bees with water, but it is an important, simple thing to do that really helps bees a lot.  It is also important to limit pesticide use because they can be harmful to the bees. We created brochures for our project that provided some key information to look at and learn about what Penn State Berks is doing and what you can do too. In conclusion, this was a very informative project that helped teach us and others the importance of helping out pollinators and providing environmental awareness for the community. Here is our EACAP Presentation PowerPoint.

Bookmark the permalink.

2 Comments

1. Your in-class presentation was really engaging and provided me with a lot of useful information. I learned a lot about pollination. One best thing is that I am no longer afraid of bees because of your presentation.

2. I never knew there was an issue with bee population until your group raised awareness of this issue. Also I didn’t know the little things we can do to create an impact towards bees. I really liked the brochure you created and thought it was very well done. Good job!!