I’ve been thinking for a while now about what I want this last blog post to be, and what I want to say. In all honesty, my enthusiastic personality warrants me to want to write a couple more blogs, but let’s be honest, that would be a drag. So here’s what this blog post is about: The most ultimate advice of all (or at least, in my opinion). This last one is about mindset.  

Growing up, I’m sure we’ve all done a little (or quite) poor on tests in school, lost a few sporting events, or not made the cut for a school play. Essentially, we’ve all had our downs. But the one thing that has always been preached to me by my parents is the importance of having a positive mindset. When they told me this, I rolled my eyes and ignored them. I mean, advice can’t get cheesier or more obvious than this. But like all the other aspects of our life that I have tried to highlight in my blog, this piece of advice is the one I’d like to draw the most attention to.  
 Image result for be positive

Like all advice, things are easier said than done. In a moment of heightened emotions and difficulties, it becomes hard to remember to keep a positive mindset and look at life with hope. Giving up is the easy option. Actually, no, it’s the easiest option. And that’s why we tend to want to give up. There have been moments where I didn’t study for tests because I lacked motivation in the subject or moments where I just didn’t want to try out for the school musical because I was so sure I wouldn’t get a role. But that didn’t get me anywhere. I didn’t get a spot in the musical, or a good grade. So what’s the point?  

Looking at things with a positive mindset catalyzes our effort in anything we do. One tends to try his/her best and bounces back from failures. Having this motivated mindset is what psychologists label as a growth mindset. The growth mindset propagates the idea of wanting to learn from mistakes, grow, and be open to criticism. A fixed mindset, on the other hand, tends to limit individuals from reaching their full potential because they remain set in their negative ideologies and are in denial of their failures. According to Carol Dweck, students with a growth mindset were likelier to do better in school than students with a fixed mindset.  

Image result for mindset

Now that the technicalities are out of the way, you could be wondering why I think this is the ultimate advice of all time. That’s because all the things I communicated through my last 7 blogs can be brought together by the right mindset. With the right mindset, you would be motivated to try new things, maintain a balance in life, place an emphasis on healthy communication, and invest in yourself by doing what you love. I’m not saying that you need to be hopeful, positives or all sunshine 24/7. But what I am saying is that once your moment of difficulty has passed, you should look at your situation objectively, and correct your mindset. With that, I hope it all comes together, I hope it makes sense, and I hope for my sake that I can apply all the things I’ve said in my life too.