The primary goals of the Graduate and Professional Student Association are to represent and support the interests of the University’s current and future graduate and professional student community. GPSA accomplishes this goal by:
- Providing unified and informed voice representing graduate and professional students to the University’s administration, Board of Trustees, academic units, and other external organizations that make decisions on behalf of students;
- Creating a forum to address the ideas and concerns of graduate and professional students;
- Supporting scholarship activities and professional development;
- Promoting leadership, social, and service opportunities to the graduate and professional student body; and,
- Planning events and activities to promote a sense of community among graduate and professional students and their families.
The GPSA is officially recognized by the University as the collective voice of the graduate and professional student body under the Standing Orders of the Board of Trustees 7(4).
The Graduate and Professional Student Association is available to help you with any questions you may have. Members and officers of GPSA can help you become more involved (academically or socially) in university life. If you need help finding resources around campus or connecting with other organizations, we can help you. The GPSA also welcomes volunteers to help with various GPSA projects and we look forward to your suggestions to help us better serve Penn State graduate and professional students. If you would like to get involved in GPSA, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and feel free to provide any details about any specific projects or initiatives you want to participate in.