If I were to go to Peru

Peru was never really on my bucket list for places to visit until my father began to plan a trip to go. He was telling us all about a hike up to Machu Picchu and we even started to prepare for it. The hike is pretty extensive, so we began to pick up our cardio so we did not have a rerun of our experience in California. The only issue with this plan is that we never actually followed through with our plans. It was around five years ago when we were planning to go, but I still want to go to this day. In this blog, I will discuss what I would like to do if I were to visit Peru in the future for a vacation. 

Machu PicchuIt would destroy it': new international airport for Machu Picchu sparks  outrage | Cities | The Guardian

After all of the buildup I had for this vacation, I would definitely not miss out on the hike to the top of Machu Picchu. It is the place that made my father fall in love with the idea and it also got me hooked. Machu Picchu is an ancient city found on top of a mountain in Peru. The small rock city was built in the fifteenth century by an Incan tribe and was later abandoned. There are numerous ways to venture to the top of the mountain, but the most popular way is a four-day hike through other abandoned Incan villages. This is no easy hike and you should prepare before simply trying this kind of hike out of nowhere. The hike is very scenic and provides an enjoyable trip up to see the ancient city.

Amazon Jungle

25 Things Hidden Deep Within The Amazon Forest That No One Knows AboutHome to possibly the most diverse group of species in the world is the Amazon jungle. This place is what we have learned about for so long from the time we were a child. If I were to go to Peru, I could not miss out on this pillar of nature. I am slightly afraid though because there are many things that could kill me while I am there. I am not fond of spiders, and the images I have seen from there almost make me change my mind on whether I want to actually go.

White Water Rafting

Peru has amazing rivers to raft in. Most people go to Rio Apurimac to raft with its strong rapids and lengthy journey. I have gone white water rafting a few times in my life and I continue to search for the excitement I experienced when I go. The rafting in Peru is supposedly exhilarating, so I feel that I would have to do it when I arrive.

3 thoughts on “If I were to go to Peru

1. I have always heard the place of Machu Picchu but never actually knew were it was or what it is like there. The pictures seem to ring a bell for me, though. The amazon jungle seems a little too dangerous for because of all the things that can kill me. So, I think I’d rather take a modest trip somewhere in Europe for the time being. This post was extremely informative and maybe I’ll take a trip there sometime.

2. Interesting post as always. This may be a controversial opinion, but I prefer to not have to work out on or in preparation for my vacations. Accordingly, your dedication to doing so is very admirable. After hearing so much of Machu Picchu in history class, it would be amazing to see it in-person and “set the scene”, but it’s not worth the four-day hike to me! Although the Amazon Jungle is very fascinating and gorgeous, I think I’m okay with seeing it from afar. I’m also not very fond of spiders or any of the other deadly critters that call the Amazon their home.

3. I also want to go to Peru! I was supposed to the summer of 2020 for a type of medical mission trip thing where we would teach the locals of Cusco basic health and hygiene. I was so disappointed when we had to cancel because I thought it was going to be an amazing time. Half the time we would be helping locals, but the other half we would get to spend doing things like the white water rafting and hiking Machu Picchu like you mentioned. This was a nice read. Good job!