Enneagram

Okay, bear with me. There’s a chance you might have seen this on Instagram or Tik Tok, but if you haven’t it’s actually pretty cool. I don’t usually take personality tests, besides the fun-filled not-so-serious food Buzzfeed quizzes. I don’t even know what this test is based on, but I feel like my results had some truth to them. I also don’t fully believe in the practices and all of the information the websites talk about, I just wanted to take it for fun. I was told by a random person on the internet to take an Enneagram test to find out what personality I am. The quiz is kind of lengthy but can be filled out pretty quickly if you think you know yourself, and some of the questions repeat itself.

Image result for enneagram test

Figure 1. Enneagram Results. 2019. Arya’s Fangirl Lexicon.

Now for the fun part. Once you know what number (or numbers like me because I didn’t want to take another test to narrow it down), you go to Apple Music or Spotify and look up the artist Sleeping At Last (or click this link) and your number. Find the album called Atlas: Enneagram and click on the song title that corresponds with your number.

This next step is important. Take a second to sit down, breathe, and relax your mind. These songs are more peaceful and can relax you if you’re feeling stressed, FYI. Anyways, clear your mind and just focus on the song when it starts to play. Listen to the beat, the instruments, the tone and stress of the singer’s voice, and especially, the lyrics. Listen to the lyrics and maybe close your eyes. Or listen to the lyrics and read along with them. You need to fully immerse yourself into the song.

Image result for sleeping at last

Figure 2. Sleeping at Last. 2019. Poema Podcast.

Once you do this, the goal is that there is some emotion caused by the song. The lyrics were written to relate to the different personalities described at the end of the test. For example, if you were a Type 2, The Helper, the song constantly brings up the idea of selflessness. These songs are written from the artist’s point of view, but you should imagine it as if you are writing the lyrics. Are the words that the artist is saying related to something you think about? Is what they sing about something that you feel strongly about? Or are you learning something new about yourself and having a revelation that you are this personality type because these words just make you “feel some type of way?” I hope you feel something out of this if you do this. I was very happy that I could feel a relationship with the music and with the artist upon listening to him for the first time.