E-Portfolio Possibilities

For my E-Portfolio, I have decided to attempt to make a website from WordPress. I have used Weebly in the past, and I found it somewhat more difficult to create quality websites compared to other platforms. Also, I like having the freedom to change my website theme if needed, and I cannot do that with Wix. Overall, I think WordPress will be the best platform for me to create my portfolio.

The purpose of my portfolio is to describe myself to potential employers or schools and showcase my previous work; I never really imagined a portfolio as a medium to describe my life purposes as one of the examples did. Honestly, I have no idea what my life purpose is, so that may be something left out in order to focus my portfolio on my work and qualifications. I fully intend my audience to be potential employers or law school admissions, so I intend to make it look classic. Some tabs that I can include within my website to make it easier for employers/admissions to get to know me are

• Home – This will serve as the “About Me” tab and will include information about my school, majors, and potentially hobbies.
  • Résumé – This will house my actual résumé to make it super easy for employers to see.
  • Work Examples – Pretty self-explanatory. This tab will be home to some of my best works from both college and high school. Because I’m a classics major, I plan to include my passion blog, a speech on the Greek Nude from last semester, and some essays from high school.
  • Community/Extracurriculars – On this tab, I will outline my volunteer work and other work related to the community. Depending on where my advocacy project goes in the next few weeks, it may include that as well.

3 thoughts on “E-Portfolio Possibilities

1. ok pop off queen with the law school! I think your idea sounds great and I think a classic, minimalistic, professional vibe would be amazinggg. I don’t have much to say other than that and that I am very interested in how WordPress will work out because I didn’t see many student examples using it so I am very curious! Also, the life purpose thing is very relatable haha.

2. Looks great! I’m interested to see/hear how WordPress goes, since most of us are choosing Wix. I think WordPress had a lot of great advantages and it should definitely work quite well for you. You should consider including your issue brief as an artifact, cause it could highlight your rhetorical ability to analyze the Mechanicsburg property and your arguments for its importance. From what I’ve read, it sounds like your brief might highlight law school kinda things, such as your creation of an argument for the preservation of the property.

3. I love all of your ideas! I think using WordPress as your website builder is a great option, and one that has more advantages than Weebly that will help you create an impressive e-portfolio. WordPress is also one of the most popular website builders, which will you connect with an extensive network of people that may help you find your life purpose. I also love all of your ideas for artifacts! All in all, you have a great plan for your e-portfolio and I am excited for your final website!