Plans and Such

This semester, I am glad to be given the opportunity to change my passion blog topic. Last semester, I posted about the mental side of sports and I think being on the fencing team helped me establish the ethos I needed to make the posts. This semester, I will post about sports in general, mostly soccer and fencing, the only sports I follow. I hope reading about European soccer inspires some of you to watch it for the skill of the players is truly magnificent.

For the “This I Believe” project, I will focus on how I prioritize everything on a macro and micro level, if that makes sense. From the big things, to the little things. I might not stick with this topic however, as time passes I may change my mind depending on what happens in my life or if I come up with something else or recall specific events. I think the most difficult thing will be to characterize myself and try to look upon myself from the ceiling perspective.

Regarding the civic issues topic, there are so many contemporary problems and civic issues in today’s society that it makes it hard to choose something else other than those issues. Race issues, the election, education, poverty, political correctness, I am sure you all understand are very prevalent issues that are sometimes hard to go a day without listening or talking about them. In the end, I think I will end up either picking how technology affects us and changes us as human beings, or race differences, but more than just Black/White America. As an Arab/Muslim, I have quite a lot of experience dealing with a different kind of racism and even phobia than most people do on a regular basis.
Thanks for reading,

Mohamed.

One thought on “Plans and Such”

1. Hey!
    Great post–really well written and you expressed your ideas clearly and concisely.
    For your Passion Blog, I am glad that you have found another topic to write about that interests you so much, but also connects to your previous posts and will thus offer a deeper analysis of the sports world. It’s also great that you are going to bring in your personal view/experiences, which will make your post more relatable and engaging to read.
    For your “This I believe” podcast, I think you have chosen a very interesting topic that you can discuss in many ways and is also relatable. If you stay with this topic, I know you will offer great insight into organization and prioritization, which may help us, as students, simplify and lessen the stress of our college experience. Don’t worry about switching topics, I’ll probably change mine to, and I also agree that it will be difficult to analyze ourselves from an outside perspective.
    In regards to your Civics blog, I agree that there are so many important topics to discuss that it is hard to decide, but either of the ones you presented in your post would be great. Both of your ideas are strong and you will be able to tie in your own personal experiences, which will help to differentiate your post from others on similar topics.
    Great job!