All of the spice and flavor you look for when thinking Mexican for dinner, but completely vegetarian! Simple, fresh and packed with veggies and protein!
- 1 bell pepper (red, green, yellow, or orange)
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1/8 sweet onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup corn (fresh or canned)
- chili envelope (or dash of chili powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper)
- slice of Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tsp plain greek yogurt (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- baking sheet
- medium skillet
- Preheat oven to 375 °F and spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash outside of pepper, cut in half and remove seeds.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Heat skillet over medium heat; sauté olive oil, onions and garlic for 3 min.
- Add beans, tomatoes, corn and spices to skillet.
- Spoon the mixture into the bell pepper and cover with cheese.
- Bake in oven until cheese melts and pepper begins to brown.
- Top with yogurt and hot sauce if desired.