Have overripe bananas? Make french toast! Quick and easy french toast recipe using bananas in place of eggs. Milk alternatives can be used to make this recipe dairy free and vegan friendly as well!
Recipe By: Plentousveg.com
- 1 banana
- 1 c of milk (try almond or soy for a lactose-free option)
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- honey or maple syrup (try these natural sweeteners instead of corn syrup based syrups)
- With a fork, mash the banana in a bowl. Add in the milk and continue to blend with a fork.
- Heat a skillet on the stovetop to medium heat. Add a bit of butter or cooking spray to coat the skillet.
- Meanwhile, dip the slices of bread into the banana, milk and cinnamon mixture. Cover completely on both sides.
- Gently set coated bread into the skillet and cook on both sides until banana mixture is slightly caramelized.
- Serve with toppings of choice! (e.g. peanut butter, fruit, syrup, etc.)