A fun, easy, and healthy take on an American favorite! Try this quick and simple pizza recipe using pita bread for the crust! Top it with sauce, veggies, cheese and a little Italian seasoning to have a healthy and delicious meal!
Recipe By: Kendra Paro, HealthWorks Peer Educator
- 1 whole wheat pita*
- Pizza sauce or thick tomato sauce
- Low fat mozzarella cheese
- Sliced peppers, mushrooms and onions
- Parmesan cheese
*English muffins work, too!
- Turn on broiler in oven (keep oven door cracked).
- Add sauce, cheese, and vegetables to the pita as desired.
- Optional: If you want softer vegetables, sautee them in a pan before topping pizza.
- Broil until cheese melts.