Perfect for busy nights!
Recipe By: Teresa Lesher, Community Nutrition and Food Security
- Pasta of your choice (try whole grain!)
- As many chopped vegetables of your choice (try broccoli, mushrooms, peppers or zucchini)
- Pre-cooked chicken, turkey, tofu or protein of choice
- Marinara sauce (look for a low sodium/sugar variety)
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Add pasta once water is boiling, and cook according to package directions.
- When pasta has 1-2 minutes left, add raw vegetables to pasta water.
- Once pasta is done, drain and top with protein of choice and marinara sauce.