An easy, inexpensive, and heaty 5-minute meal
Recipe By: Emily Pia, Community Nutrition and Food Security Club
- 1 frozen steam pack of rice (10 oz.)
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach (or ¼ package frozen spinach)
- ½ can of chickpeas (chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same!)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or any type of cooking oil)
- 8 oz your favorite jarred or canned tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Cook frozen rice according to package directions (usually three minutes in the microwave).
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan over medium heat on your stove top.
- Add chickpeas, spinach, and ½ bag of rice to the pan and cook until spinach begins to wilt (put away the other half for leftovers!)
- Add tomato sauce and continue to cook until all is warm.
- Top with Parmesan cheese if you’d like, and serve!