Next up in our series of healthy Superbowl party dishes is our recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salsa. Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s easy to make – no kitchen appliances needed. Make it fresh right before your guests come or let it sit in the fridge for an hour so it can absorb its flavors.
1 (15 ounce) can yellow corn, drained
1 (15 ounce) can white corn, drained
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
4 roma tomatoes, chopped
5 green onions, finely sliced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and rinse your vegetables. Chop the onion, green onions, and bell pepper into small chunks. Add them to a serving bowl (this dish’s colors are visually appetizing, so you may want to add it to a glass serving bowl, if you have one.)
- Next, peel and dice your avocado. For tips on how to peel an avocado, check out our previous blog post.
- Rinse all of your beans and corn in a strainer under water. Add them to the mixture.
- Finally, lightly stir in your lime juice. Be sure not to crush your avocado chunks.
- When ready to serve, add the olive oil and stir gently.
Serve with baked tortilla tips or pita bread.