Undergraduate Research Assistants

Undergraduate Accomplishments

Aidan Peat awarded First Place in the Social and Behavioral Science category at the 2019 Penn State Undergraduate Exhibition for Research. Congratulations Aidan! Colton Ruggery awarded Second Place at the 2019 Biobehavioral Health Research Forum. Congratulations Colton!

Grant Swisher presented his work at the 2019 Penn State Undergraduate Exhibition for Research. 

Kylie Stuhltrager

Undergraduate Research Assistant

I am junior majoring in Biobehavoral Health. I have been a part of Dr. Kamens lab since the spring of 2016 as a participant of NASA Pennsylvania Space Grant Undergraduate Research Program. My hobbies include reading, volunteering, swimming, and cheering on Penn State football. After Penn State, I plan to further my education through medical school.

Rachel Bartlett

Undergraduate Research Assistant

I am a Junior majoring in Biology with a Genetic Emphasis. I have been a part of Dr. Kamen’s lab since the Fall of 2018 as an Undergraduate Research Assistant. Over my next few years working in the lab, I am excited to learn more about behavioral studies and the genetics behind the research. I plan to apply this knowledge to my own independent research in the future. This undergraduate experience will help me pinpoint exactly which area in genetics I want to study as I plan to pursue a career in the Genetic research field. My passions include being a nerd, cooking, and touring here at Penn State.

Aidan Peat

Undergraduate Research Assistant

I am a sophomore majoring in Biology, specifically the Vertebrate Physiology option. I joined Dr. Kamen’s lab in the fall of 2018, in order to learn more about behavior and addiction. Within the lab, I am excited to gain invaluable research experience, all while helping to further my knowledge of behavioral neurogenetics. Outside of lab, I am a firefighter/EMT and a runner for PSU Club Cross Country. After undergrad, I plan on attending medical school and pursuing a career in emergency medicine.

Anna Wickenheisser

Undergraduate Research Assistant

I am a freshman majoring in Biobehavioral Health who joined Dr. Kamens’ lab in the spring of 2019 as a participant of the NASA Pennsylvania Space Grant Undergraduate Research Program. This research experience further supplements my interest in addiction while providing me with the knowledge needed to possibly start my own independent research later on. After graduation, I plan on attending graduate school. In my free time, I enjoy playing volleyball, reading, and spending time with friends and family.