The Higher Education Student Association (HESA) promotes student development as scholars and professionals and facilitates integration into the Higher Education (HIED) program. The aim of HESA is to further academic discourse among students and faculty as well as to encourage students to engage in the academic and social community. To that end, our planning focuses in two key areas:
Professional, Intellectual, and Academic Development Events
- “Brown Bag” presentations by guest speakers, current faculty, and students
- Practice sessions for students preparing conference presentations
- Academic writing workshops
- Informal discussions of contemporary issues in higher education
- Mentorship opportunities with HI ED alumni
- Community service
- Holiday party
- HESA happy hours
- Picnics, bowling, etc.
We encourage students from across the university who are interested in higher education to participate in our activities. Our hope is to collaborate with other student groups and provide distinct learning opportunities and perspectives for students.