Roland Fomundam is the head of our licensing partner, Greenhouse Venture Ltd., based in Cameroon. Since 2013 Roland has worked with us, on the ground, to implement our greenhouse technology, as well as to develop standard business processes and an educational curriculum surrounding greenhouses that has benefitted the entire venture. We caught up with Roland to see how far the venture has come, where it plans on going in the future, and to learn about the new standardization processes him and his team recently implemented. Here’s the latest scoop from Roland:
We have changed our model dramatically over the years. We have begun to standardize operations and increase our marketing efforts. Just like any business we grow and change as time moves on. I believe the progress we have made has lead the venture to be in a much better place than when we first started.
Our new model involves the following:
- GHV acquires land and builds greenhouses where they produce a variety of crops for target markets
- GHV produces seeds and seedlings for its use and to sell to its respective clients
- GHV has established a franchise model where they collaborate with clients on farms for a period of time after which the client only pays GHV a royalty fee.
- GHV has established a platform to aggregate produce and packages them for various markets.
- GHV provides training to clients, volunteers and students in areas of sustainable agriculture using greenhouses as the center piece.
Our future goals can be described in 7 bullet points. In the future:
- GHV will operate and own several farms across the country through this franchise model
- GHV will become a sole producer of seeds for greenhouses and outdoor farms
- GHV will work with finance institutions to provide soft loans for clients who want to get into the greenhouse business. GHV will guarantee these loans through a produce buy back model.
- GHV will establish a cooperative to provide its members with resources for growing and a ready market for their harvest
- GHV will set up a processing unit for tomatoes and then other garden crops
- GHV will set up a packaging platform to package all its produce for various markets
- GHV will set up University for technology Development.
Recently, we have implemented new standardization processes to improve our professional image as a business. The best way to understand how we have standardized our operations is through the use of pictures. You can see how we have acquired new uniforms and a company vehicle. These advances add legitimacy to our company and help with our marketing efforts.
New Greenhouse Venture Ltd. Construction Hats
New Greenhouse Venture Ltd. Work Gloves
New Greenhouse Venture Ltd. Vests
New Greenhouse Venture Ltd. Work Boots
New Greenhouse Venture Ltd. Packaging
New Greenhouse Venture Ltd. Marketing Materials