Conflict

In the book, Addario discusses her conflict between her passion for her work, and staring a family. Addario’s predicament is that of many many women around the world, as well as anybody who contemplated sacrificing their passion, for something that society expected them to want. Conflicts similar to Addario’s are universally felt, and the tis what makes her writing so relatable to her audience.

I personally have felt a very similar conflict between coming here to Penn State, and pursuing my education, and future, and my connection to my family. I have always been extremely close to my family. I am the type of person who would turn down plans with my friends, just so I could spend an evening with my parents, and two sisters. Without my family, I feel incomplete. Moving four hours away from them has taken a huge toll on my overall happiness. I feel torn between my being here and focusing on my studies, and my life that I lived before, where I was surrounded by the love of my family. Both are extremely important to me, but I can only pursue one right now.

Within my passion blog, I can highlight the conflict between the convention of college comfort and fashion. I think that most students feel that they are not mutually exclusive, but contrary to Addario’s personal conflict, you can have both in this instance. I think that in the world of fashion, conflict is often good, and sometimes a necessity in the creation of new trends. I hope that I am able to reconcile such conflicts within my blog in the future.

In my life, conflict is never something I have wanted. Conflict can feel horrible, and unescapable. However, conflict is sometimes necessary for one’s professional, and personal growth. Conflict can invoke strength, and that strength will lead you to conquer any conflict in your future.