Maryland My Maryland

Considering that this is the last blog post, I only found it fitting that I should dedicate my focus to Maryland’s capital, Annapolis. Seated along the Chesapeake Bay, Annapolis is home to the capital of Maryland however it is much more than that. Due to its location along the water, it has always  been a prime location
for people to dock their boats as well as fresh seafood. If you are looking for a place to have Maryland’s specialty, blue crab, along with some old bay it is definitely the place to go. However, it is also just a beautiful place to walk around the dock and look at all of the boats, if you’re lucky you may even get a chance to go inside one.

Another key part of Annapolis is the college that resides in Annapolis, the United States Naval Academy. The Naval Academy was established in 1845 and since then has reflected the rich history of our country. On any given day in Annapolis you can see the midshipmen running around the town or out on the water. Regardless, even if you have no desire to go into the military it is a beautiful campus that is worth checking out if ever in Annapolis.

Aside from these two well known parts of the city, of course, being that it is the capital of the state, Annapolis has many legislative and official building as well. The Maryland state house which is found here is the oldest standing legislative building in the United States that is still used today and it looks like it will continue to be for many years to come. Along with all of these monuments and landmarks, Annapolis is a cute little town worth checking out. It has been great shops and restaurants and it is a great place to go to for the day to grab some lunch, shop and walk around the water.

Summing up this blog as a whole, when deciding to write about some key places from my home and the area around me, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. However, it really gave me a chance to reflect on some places that I think are important to me and the state of Maryland as a whole, but none the less places that are very with visiting. I had a great time being abel to share what I love to people who do not necessarily know about these places before reading the blog. I hope after reading I have given you some information about places that is meaningful and if you are ever in the area to go visit some of these great places. They are definitely some amazing sites and worthwhile to visit if you ever find yourself in the DC, Maryland area. Thanks for reading!