Elvis Presley

There’s no doubt that Elvis Presley was and still is, the King of Rock and Roll.  From the time he recorded his first single in 1954 to the last year of his life, Elvis had a sound like no other.  Not only was his voice very unique, but so was his dancing.  Most TV shows would only show him from the waist up because they felt that his dancing was too provocative.  That didn’t stop him though and I’m sure women everywhere were glad.  It’s comical to watch old videos of Elvis performing because just about every woman in the audience is on the verge of fainting.  He was a legend and people were truly devastated when he died.  I can honestly say that I would probably be one of the people, who was so depressed, that they didn’t get out of bed for three days after Elvis died.

Elvis also made a handful of movies in his day.  Although most of them were on the cheesy side, he did have a few good ones.  My favorite is probably Jailhouse Rock because “Jailhouse Rock” is my favorite song.  I just love his voice, both his singing voice and his speaking voice.  It’s probably the slight southern accent that he has.  Elvis’s music is also still very popular today and is referenced all the time.  I grew up watching Full House and it was always my favorite when Uncle Jesse would sing in his Elvis voice.  Elvis Presley was one of the best in the business and his legend will always live on through the ages.

Elvis-presley-achtergronden-hd-elvis-wallpapers-afbeelding-foto-5

Above is a picture of Elvis performing in his hometown of Tupelo, Mississippi in 1956.

Favorite songs: “Jailhouse Rock,” “All Shook Up,” “Suspicious Minds,” and “Kentucky Rain.”

3 thoughts on “Elvis Presley

1. It’s coming close to the holiday season and what do I think of first when I think of christmas music? Elvis’s Blue Christmas. Elvis was known by many women for his dashing looks before his music was noted. But his music really is great! He has produced a lot of timeless classics.

2. I love Elvis! I think he was a genuinely talented musician and performer. He opened a gateway for modern music, and I don’t think it would be the same today without him and his work.

3. It amazes me how many people still love to listen to music from past generations. I think it’s great for people to keep a legendary singer’s music alive long after the singer has passed away. It allows us to see the evolution of music throughout the ages and to reflect on how much society has changed along with music.