The Beatles

I have been a huge Beatles fan from a very young age.  I remember one of the first songs I knew by the Beatles was “Let It Be” because my mom used to play it on the piano.  Beatlemania is something that I would have loved to be alive for.  The Beatles were a phenomenon that spread world wide.  They were the craze back in the 60’s and they still are today.  You can’t go anywhere without seeing a Beatles reference.  Their music is played everywhere and their very distinguished sound is easy to recognize.  I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who didn’t know who the Beatles were.  They were just a group of really talented musicians that had it together, until the end of course.  The break up of this legendary band in 1970 left many fans absolutely devastated.  Many say that Yoko Ono was the reason for the break up, but there were many other reasons for split.  They had collaborative differences and the death of their manager really took a toll on the band.  Eventually, they decided it was just time to call it quits.

Out of Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, John Lennon, and George Harrison, I would have to say that George Harrison is my favorite Beatle.  He was also so cheeky and sarcastic in his interviews.  He just had a great sense of humor.  He also wrote and sang one of my favorite songs, “Here Comes the Sun.”  This is one of those songs that I will listen to when I’m having a bad day and it’ll make me feel better.  The Beatles also made a few movies.  My favorite is probably A Hard Day’s Night because I feel like it really captured what they were like in the early days.  They were just a bunch of kids that liked to goof around and have fun.  Across the Universe was also another great movie.  This movie came out in 2007, so the Beatles weren’t actually in it, but their music was.  I really liked how every song in that movie had a story and reason as to why it was included.  The Beatles were an amazing group that set the tone for many other bands.  They were a big influence on society in the 60’s and still are today.

The Beatles Running In 'A Hard Day's Night'

Favorite Songs: I’ve Just Seen a Face, Let It Be, Can’t Buy Me Love, With a Little Help From My Friends, Penny Lane, Eight Days a Week, and Hey Jude.

3 thoughts on “The Beatles

1. As every kid does, I went through a peculiar musical phase, and mine happened to be the Beatles. Although it was short lived, their music will always hold a special place in my heart. Hey Jude is a timeless song that I will love until I die, and the music world is better off due to the career of these four great musicians.

2. The Beatles have been one of my favorite bands for years! I remember my dad had the Beatles 1 album in his car, and its all I wanted to listen to when we went anywhere. I love their music because it is diverse and there is a Beatles song for almost any mood or occasion.

3. The Beatles are one of my favorite bands. My top three favorite songs are Come Together, Revolution, and Hey Jude. I really like how versatile their music is, which probably contributed to their success. Their songs can be used to lift spirits when you’re feeling down or to relax to when with a group of friends.