Denver’s Darkest Airport

The Denver International airport has had several conspiracy theories and myths surrounding it, even before it opened in 1995 (theories first began to arise during the construction of the blueprints as well as the construction of the building itself). From the beginning of it’s time, confusion and mystery encapsulated the huge airport that happens to be twice the size of Manhattan and ended up costing nearly $2 billion over the original budget. Many people questioned why the airport was even being built as there was already an airport in Denver called the Stapleton International, but many people chalked this down to Stapleton being too small and poorly designed. 

One of the first conspiracy theories I have read about consists of the idea that the airport was actually created by the Nazi group the New World Order. This idea stems from a few things; runway layout, a questionable dedication marker in the airport, and even murals throughout the airport. First, we will discuss the runway layout. From the sky, some believe that the runway pattern looks like a swastika. While this layout does offer efficiency regarding plane take-offs and landings, many people ignore that and believe that this swastika shape was purposely designed by Nazis. I have attached a photo for you to decide for yourself what you think about this.

Now onto the dedication marker… This stone is dedicated to “The New World Airport Commission”, however, this does not exist. When you google it, the only information that comes up is regarding the Denver airport marker and not the actual commission. In addition to this, the name is also a clear connotation to the New World Order – which, as explained by Wikipedia, is “used to refer to any new period of history evidencing a dramatic change in world political thought and the balance of power”, i.e. the Nazi regime.

Lastly, the murals throughout the airport have raised eyebrows regarding who actually funded and planned to build the airport. It is said that some of the murals found in the airport depict global genocide. One mural even contains a Nazi soldier with dead women as well as dead children laying around him while others show people dying. However, further research shows that it is highly possible that these murals actually are expressing the abolishment of violence throughout society. The artist, Leo Tanguma, has even explained that the murals “depict man-made environmental destruction and genocide along with humanity coming together to heal nature and live in peace” (“We Analyzed Evidence That the Denver Airport Is the Illuminati Headquarters”).

While I will not go into too much detail about the other conspiracy theories I have heard about the Denver International Airport since the first one has so many different categories, I will still touch base on one other theory. Many people believe that the airport is a headquarter for something far more serious than just an airport; maybe for the New World Order, the Illuminati, or even the American government (in case of a nuclear war or an apocalypse). People believe this because of the alleged buried buildings and tunnels under the airport. Some say that when it was being built, five buildings were built incorrectly and instead of being torn down, they were buried. Finding substantial research on this building theory was difficult, and I am still unsure of whether or not there actually are buried buildings underneath the airport, but it seems unlikely to me (as do most of these theories). However, like I always say, I will leave it open to your interpretation. 

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/wj7nk4/we-analysed-evidence-that-the-denver-airport-is-the-illuminati-headquarters 

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/denver-airport-conspiracy-theories